Journey To China

Travel with us as we journey to China to meet and bring home Margaret Virginia Mei (Maggie) and Mary Henley Yi (Mary Henley). We will document our travel via this blog site...we hope you enjoy keeping up with the Seven Sims!

Mark 9:36 - He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking the child in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little ones in my name, welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."

Monday, January 9, 2012

Stickers, bows, some drawing...and a trip to the Civil Affairs Office

While the memory of yesterday's emotional roller-coaster is still very fresh in all our minds, we had a really good evening with everyone getting a good nights rest (all four in row on pushed together beds!).  Thank you all for your continued prayers for Maggie's transition and for Mary Henley's incredible support.  We still have a long-way to go but we are making good progress...just look at the pictures!

Maggie drawing with her magnidoodle...she REALLY liked that she could point to pictures in the room and I could draw them for her on the magnidoodle...finally, I add value!

 You can never have too many bows...according to Mary Henley they are a girl s first accessory need...stickers are a close second.  Awesome smiles...lots of fun!
 A trip to the Civil Affairs Office to work on Maggie's Passport and finalize adoption papers.  No smiles and not a lot of fun!
It is 4pm on Monday afternoon and Maggie is adjusting to her new family and Mary Henley continues to be a big help.  At breakfast this morning we were all eating well and then Maggie kept repeating something to both Meritt and me.  Meritt and I stared at each other for a few minutes and then finally looked at Mary Henley as if to say "can you help us out here?"  She quickly reached for a napkin, flipped it across the table to Maggie, and looked at us as if to say "and you two are the parents!?!"  Satisfied with Mary Henley's handling of the situation, Maggie wiped her hands and mouth and kept on eating...we have SO much to learn!

The trip to the Civil Affairs Office was uneventful and a trip to Walmart netted a pair of shoes for Maggie, juice boxes for all and some treats.

We had great Skype chats with Macey, Matt, Grandmother and Marshall this morning too.  It was AWESOME to talk to them and Maggie very much enjoyed getting to meet them for the first time.  Meritt and I love them and miss them very, very much.

We have a slow day tomorrow with only a sight-seeing trip in the afternoon to the Great Pagoda.

Thank you again for your prayers!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love all the bows and stickers and smiles! These girls are PRECIOUS!! I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know - I've seen more and more folks adopt two on the same trip - something that simply scared me to inaction. Well - maybe I was wrong - your breakfast story just completely touched me - sisters that care for each other and a child comfortable enough with mom and dad to do an "eye roll" - which I've decided is a 'universal communication' mode for kids! ;)

    Great joy for you guys - wow!

    hugs - continued prayers!

    aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when we were in china getting bella, i kept hearing from friends how they were "glued to their computers...checking our blog constantly...hungry for updates." i get it now. i am the one on this side of the ocean feeling glued and hungry. literally, y'all were my Very First Thought this morning as i woke. as much as i love you guys, that has never before happened. =) bella asks me several times a day to "see my friends mama." she'd like to put in a special request for a few more pictures please! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Jody. The first thing I do each morning is check your blog. Wish we could Skype but our times don't seem to match. Maggie is just precious and things appear to be getting better. Thank God again for Mary Henley! I think I need to do some bow shopping. Love to all, Grandmom & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to say you guys are not my first thought in the morning... I cannot imagine being without this link to your journey! Thank you for taking the time to create and update the blog. I feel like I know the girls and they have always been a part of our family. I love to see His love reflected in their smiling faces. Cannot wait to see you ALL home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here!! I am absolutely addicted to it and cannot get enough! Ray keeps asking me "Uh oh, does this make you want one?" Maybe if i was younger but since you have two now..........???? Thanks goodness for Mary Henley and is it just me or is that name just perfect for her? It is like it was part of the plan and you needed her!! Happy that Maggie seems to be getting used to you two now! Feel sure that if Mike would get "dolled" up with bow and ribbons it might really help!! I know now what I can send those two little ladies when you all get home--accessories!! Women after my own heart!! Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It truly is a treat to read your daily updates and BEST of all, these adorable pictures of y'all and the girls. Praying mightily for you guys. Cling to His promises...Isaiah 41:13, 41:10,1 peter 5;7,psalm 89:2...1 john 4:18
    Enjoy today with your sweet girls!! Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So thrilled for you guys...what a blessing! I'm sure you've done tons of research, but I have two resources I always recommend to adoptive parents - they were so helpful for us...Parenting Your Internationally Adopted Child (Cogen) and Empowered to Connect (empoweredtoconnect.org)...such great info as you get home and begin to transition the girls from orphanage survival to family life. They are beautiful and you are brave and faithful to follow God's whispers. We are hoping for a China trip of our own this year. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I am loving all of the updates. As a close friend of Charlotte's this means so much. She is a wonderful friend and i can hear the excitement in her voice when we talk about these lovely girls. Thank you for sharing this grand miracle. As usual I am sending prayers and hugs your way....Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue and I have been following your travels closely. As you know, we can appreciate all the "red tape" you are going through as we've done it ourselves twice. Hang in there...

    Pictures are great and we are so happy for you all. Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blog is awesome..I've been in Vegas for the weekend and was so excited to catch up with the action....the girls look great-can't wait to meet them....oh yeah...ROLL TIDE-game should be great!!

    ReplyDelete